Desiccated coconut is the product obtained when the white coconut meat is shredded or flaked, then dried to remove as much moisture as possible and classified into grades based on the particular sizes. Sri Lanka produces over 60,000 MTS per annum. Since desiccated coconut is economical, easy to store and handle, and contains no artificial coloring, preservatives or flavors, it is preferred the world over as a natural source of fresh coconut-taste. As the birth place of this industry, Sri Lanka’s desiccated coconut is renowned the world over for its unique taste and fine quality.
At Adamexpo, Sri Lanka’s largest exporter of desiccated coconut, we are dedicated to upholding the country’s stellar reputation for quality. The coconuts we use come from the finest estates in the country, and are processed under the most stringent safety and health guidelines.
SRI LANKA’S COCONUT TRIANGLE
Coconut is grown in most parts of Sri lanka except in the higher elevation but is mostly concentrated within the areas covered in the “coconut triangle” formed by the Puttalam, Kurunegala, and Colombo districts. Coconuts are cultivated in areas ranging from sea level up to elevation of about 750 meters, since it can tolerate a range of tropical climate conditions.
1. De-husking fully matured coconut.
2. Removing the brown skin and slicing the pared kernel into halves to release the nut’s water.
4. Sterilizing the kernel pieces.
5. Shredding the wet kernel into different cuts.
6. Desiccating process and grading to size.
7. Dried, cooled, graded kernel.
8. Packing in moisture and odor proof bags.
STANDARD BULK PACKINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS
- IN 4PLY KRAFT PAPER BAGS INNER POLYLINED OF 50, 45 35, 25 KGS NETT.
- IN 3 PLY KRAFT PAPER BAGS INNER POLYLINED OF 12.5, 10, 9, 8.6 KGS NETT.
- OUTER POLYPROPYLENE COVER IS OPTIONAL. ALSO WE CAN PROVIDE CONSUMER PACKING ACCORDING TO CLIENTS’ REQUIREMENTS.